Bernardine Kennedy

A chatty and newsy blog about author Bernardine Kennedy, her books, her writing career and her life. Check out the latest news, views and recommendations along with the occasional irrelevant photo.

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Heroes and Books

Two weeks ago I was upset by the untimely death of Crocodile Man Steve Irwin, today its the 'serious condition' of Richard Hammond from Top Gear, injured in a horrendous car crash.
Richard is another 'Boys Own' character, not quite as gung ho as Steve but definitely as exuberant and as passionate about his cars as Steve was about his crocs.
Never ever thought I'd become a Top Gear fan but I have.
We so need these characters......
My other fave eccentric is of course Keith Richards. The day he fell out of the coconut tree I was feeling really fed up then suddenly everything was okay again. it wasn't that he fell (I'm not that mean) it was the fact that he was up there in the first place! Bless.....

I'm about to go and buy The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield. Lots of hype and lots of good reviews. Anyone out there read it yet?
There's been talk of 'twins, madness and fire', which interests me as 'My Sisters' Keeper' (my book that out before Jodi Picoults of the same title Grrrrr) covered that as well. Must check it out.

Also on TBR

Last Rights by Barbara Nadel
Seventy Two Virgins by Boris Johnson (another 'Boys Own' character)

Recently read friends books that you should read, both v.good:

Murder in Steeple Martin by Lesley Cookman.
Passing Shadows by Della Galton.

My website is now updated so the current newsletter is there if you want to take a look or sign up for an emailed copy. I'm not that good at regular newletters but the blog will fill the gaps!

Off to watch the news to see how Richard 'the hamster' Hammond is doing.

Was going to blog about my spat with Natwest bank but I'll save that while I wait for them to apologise and while I search for a polite bank! Are there any any more??

Back to work!

Very apt quote for today.......

So much to do, so few people to do it for me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home