Bernardine Kennedy

A chatty and newsy blog about author Bernardine Kennedy, her books, her writing career and her life. Check out the latest news, views and recommendations along with the occasional irrelevant photo.

Thursday, April 17, 2008

It's Spring! Maybe.

A quick update.

Well I thought spring had sprung, the daffodils have been and gone, the hyacinths are blooming and........... then suddenly we had hailstones the size of peas and it was back on with the winter woolies! Weird. But then I guess spring is the unpredictable season. I do like warmth so lets hope we're in for a good summer.

This week has been the London Book Fair at Earls Court. I didn't go but I know from my agent that my books were there. Fingers crossed for some more foreign sales.

I had my dreaded appointment at Moorfields last week and have a six month reprieve from further surgery. I was so concerned that I would fall further back on my deadlines but all is well.

Sadly though I have to cut back on my time in front of the computer screen as I was spending far too long both reading and writing on screen. I've stepped away from a couple of forums and am now going to be more aware of time management. (Well, I'm going to try!)

Moorfields is a hospital I can't praise enough. Well managed, well staffed and clean. I can see why its one of the best facilities in the world. I am full of admiration.

I'm currently trying to decide which conferences to go to this summer. RNA and Southern Writers are both in Chichester but at different venues, Swanwick is in Derbyshire as always and Caerleon is in Wales. Time restrcitions mean I can only go to two. Decisions, decisions.

Now I have to get back to edits. till next time.

Bernardine xx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home