Bernardine Kennedy

A chatty and newsy blog about author Bernardine Kennedy, her books, her writing career and her life. Check out the latest news, views and recommendations along with the occasional irrelevant photo.

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Cats

Again I've left this too long but there's a limit to how many times I can repeat 'not done much... working hard'! Sooo boring but sadly true.

I love animals but there are times when I hate having pets. Last week was one of those time when my Mad, Bad and Dangerous to Know ChavCat (Skippy) was run over and killed. Everyone is devastated and even Kitten Ollie (not such a kitten now) wanders around looking for him.


ChavCat was an RSPCA rescue cat some years ago and he had been battered and damaged to the extent that he had wonky back legs and would fight and bite and spit but he was still such a character and is sadly missed, especially by his local vet to whom I have paid a small fortune in repair bills!




ChavCat on his fake Burberry blanket!


On thursday I went to the Romantic Novelists Association Summer Party. Brilliant to catch up with so many friends but again there's never enough time to speak to everyone I wanted to. Hope to catch up with them again at the conference which is less frantic as its spread over 2/4 days. Its at Chichester Uni in July.

I was very well behaved and didn't stay in London to carry on partying afterwards as I usually do...I went straight home on the late train. now there's a first! It was in the library at the boringly named but very interesting Institute of Mechanical Engineers in Birdcage Walk near the Houses of Parliament. Lovely old building.......

Apart from that I have been working and dealing with all the other stuff that life chucks up every now and then to throw me off course! Come the beginning of June I'm taking the first two weeks off to sit around and do nothing I've decided. maybe!

I'm in the process of having a new website built at last so hopefully I'll be able to link to it soon. Be good to have an up-to-date one at last.

Now I'm off to have an ice-cream on the seafront as its such a lovely day!

Till next time.

3 Comments:

  • At 3:12 AM , Blogger Quasi said...

    That's so sad about ChavCat. I'm sure you gave him a wonderful home for his many years. I’d like to tell you that my hilariously funny book, The World Is Your Litter Box, is in bookstores now and is also available on Amazon. The book is cleverly disguised as a cute cat book so humans will buy it, but is, in fact, a how-to manual FOR cats. Check it out on my website, www.theworldisyourlitterbox.com.

     
  • At 9:10 AM , Blogger Bernardine Kennedy said...

    Thanks for the post. I had a quick look at your book... sounds brilliant, also as a Christmans gift for cat lovers.
    I shall put in on my to-buy list! x

     
  • At 9:12 AM , Blogger Bernardine Kennedy said...

    Chrsitmans??? or maybe Christmas! Memo to self... check post before sending!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home