Bernardine Kennedy

A chatty and newsy blog about author Bernardine Kennedy, her books, her writing career and her life. Check out the latest news, views and recommendations along with the occasional irrelevant photo.

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Orchids, Conferences, this and that!

How do like this orchid? Very pretty, dainty and also unusual don't you think? Believe it or not, it called 'Bernadine Kennedy'! Popular in US. Naturally it wasn't named after me but if anyone asks its very hard to say it's nothing to do with me. It has a different spelling of Bernardine (without the second 'R' that fools everone anyway) but Hey! who am I to be picky!






This weekend I'm away to the Southern Writers Conference at Earnley near Chichester. It's also near the Witterings where Keith Richard has a beach hut. Really must go looking this time, I could pretend to be power walking??? He's one of my real favourites. So long as Keith Richard is being silly falling out of trees and snorting his dads ashes (allegedly) then IMO all is okay with the world.

Writing is a very solitary occupation so its really good to catch up with other writers. Will gice a list and links (stop laughing) when I get back. last year was a nightmare journey... baking hot weather and accidents on the M25 both going and coming back that caused miles of tailbacks. Took over 6 hours each way. This time I'm going prepared and using the minimum of motorway. I'd sooner poodle around the back roads than be static on a motorway!


I've found a good pic of Jane Wenham-Jones' book launch (wannabe a writer?) I'm still at the back (of course) but with a face showing! Many of these smiling faces will be at the RNA conference in July. Look out Leicester University. Think you can enlarge using the mouse???



Feedback on PAST CHANCES has been good so fingers crossed for the paperback in October. I know, I seem to say 'fingers crossed' all the time but writing is so unpredictable. It takes a lot of work and a lot of fairy dust to get a book out there!

Weather is lovely out there today where I am not... sadly I have to stay indoors with my face to the wall and work demonically for the next few days if I'm to be allowed to go and play 'hunt Keith Richard' at the weekend!!

Till next time...........

I wanted to change the world but life got in the way.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:02 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Keep up the good work! I love the orchid...of course it's named after you.....it's beautiful.

    Not long now to the RNA Conference which also means not long until my move!!!!!

     
  • At 7:59 PM , Blogger Bernardine Kennedy said...

    Thanks Liz!!!!!!!!!!!
    When will you know where you're moving on to?

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home