Bernardine Kennedy

A chatty and newsy blog about author Bernardine Kennedy, her books, her writing career and her life. Check out the latest news, views and recommendations along with the occasional irrelevant photo.

Monday, May 21, 2007

BOOK LAUNCHES AND RUMINATING ON WRITING

Saturday was launch day for Jane Wenham-Jones book, 'wannabe a writer', a handy and hunorous manual for all budding writers. Lots of authors (including moi) are quoted in it. The party was at Borders in Charing Cross Road, London, which we invaded and conquered en masse.
Lots of big names there... to avoid being repetitious, take a look at fellow novel racer, Liz Fenwick's blog, she's listed on the right of my blog under great Novel race. (must learn to do links!)
Photo also there, I'm the one in green hiding at the back.
I hate photographs!aaarrrggghhhh.
Liz is clever at links so do have a look at what I'd like to do but can't because I have the concentration scan of a gnat right now.

I'm slow blogging at the moment because I'm .... well I'm just slow! I'm currently in the 'I hate writing, I can't write, everything I've written is rubbish and I want to stack shelves in Asda' mode.
This always seems to happen to me when I'm in the middle of a manuscript. My enthusiasm wanes and everything I've written seems boring and nonsensical so I find myself looking for other things to do that I can then grumble about having to do. Like filing bank statements in order, dusting behind the radiators and cleaning the shower. It's called Work Displacement!

I'm hoping it will soon pass becuase I'm not remotely domesticated and also my shoulder and wrist ache from playing Minesweeper and Tetris while I try and THINK. maybe the creative cells are dying?

I'm also passing time by trying to find a lovely lovely cruise on the internet, any suggestions anyone? Not a dressing-up for dinner every night cruise, just a nice causal two week saunter around the Caribbean, or maybe even up to Scandinavia at a push! Advantage of going north is no long haul flights, advantage of going south is sun and turquoise waters.

I'm now off to sit in front of my laptop until a few words are typed today! No more emails, no more surfing, no more nothing. I AM FOCUSED.

6 Comments:

  • At 7:00 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    You are focused. Keep repeating you are focused :-) it was such a fun day......shame we can't do it every weekend.

     
  • At 8:30 PM , Blogger Bernardine Kennedy said...

    I am focused I am focused .... sort of!
    yes it was a fun day and there should be more.

     
  • At 3:05 PM , Blogger Rachel Green said...

    Of course you're focused!

    btw, I've Tagged you!

    Do or ignore, as you wish!

     
  • At 11:03 AM , Blogger Kate Harrison said...

    I too am focused, Bernardine. That's why I am going round making comments on people's blogs, applying fake tan to cover bicycle bruises on my legs, and generally displacing (can one use the word that way?) rather than sitting down and working on my plot!

    You're in good company. And it was lovely to see you on Saturday.

    Now...why not pop over to the Novel Race as more procrastination? We miss you!

     
  • At 7:53 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    You've been tagged!

     
  • At 8:05 PM , Blogger Bernardine Kennedy said...

    Okay.... two taggings, a sort-of-bio for Liz F... and a revisit to the Novel Race.
    More reasons not to work on the book!
    Oh.. and a blog to update and a MySpace site to sort out.
    Work Displacement? Moi?

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home