Bernardine Kennedy

A chatty and newsy blog about author Bernardine Kennedy, her books, her writing career and her life. Check out the latest news, views and recommendations along with the occasional irrelevant photo.

Friday, May 04, 2007

BITS AND PIECES BEFORE THE WEEKEND

Yesterday was hardback publication day for PAST CHANCES. My publishers sent me a lovely bouquet... it's so nice to feel special for the day! Now lets hope it gets out there and gets me some advance publicity for the all-important paperback in october.
By the way, the general opinion is that the boy on the cover of the Russian Taken is very Chucky! I think he is one scary child...

Lousy word-count this week but I have done a few other things as well this week that I'd put on the back burner so I don't feel too ashamed. Will check the wordcount asap. Tonight I have to do a piece about moi for LIZ FENWICK's blog and a piece about the Savoy luncheon for the RNA website.

I haven't started reading anything new (other than trashy magazines and my fave Private Eye) but I was interested to read in the publication trade mag that Kathy Reich's daughter Kerry has written a novel. Can't wait to read it... must check out all the details though I know its not out for a while. Wonder if she reads her mother's books? Fascinating.....
I will shortly choose a book off of the huge To Be Read pile that just gets higher and higher. Must stay off Amazon! One click is just so easy........

The Skiffing Boys are on the home stretch and will be finish tomorrow afternoon. (Ian's birthday). There have been no major mishaps although Ian was bitten by a swan that fancied his lunch and Trev by a duck that invaded the boat. Aaah, the joys of nature. Though I suppose they could be in Florida in the company of gators.

They reached the fifty mile point before turning around so will have done 100 miles of rowing by the time they get back. (Maths? easy...) They did hole up in a rather nice hotel by the river for one night but one out of seven is good, they roughed it for the other six which is six more than I would have managed!
The thought of a teepee just doesn't do it for me.

Chav cat is out of favour... I gently moved him off my office chair... the head spun round in his favourite snapping turtle mode and he sunk his teeth in; I now have a swollen hand. T/C to docs to find out about tetanus again but I'm still up to date. Then he wen and sat on the other side of the room and washed himself where I touched him. The nerve of the animal..........

For everyone I owe emails to... soon. real soon. I promise!

3 Comments:

  • At 6:07 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Looking forward to your profile and your write of the Savoy :-) Sorry Chav Cat is misbehaving....

     
  • At 6:33 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Forgot to say how wonderful the flowers sound! Maybe some day......

     
  • At 9:28 AM , Blogger Zinnia Cyclamen said...

    I'm with you on Private Eye and tepees, and I know what you mean about the To Be Read pile - mine graduated to a To Be Read shelf this weekend! I hope Past Chances will do really well.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home