Bernardine Kennedy

A chatty and newsy blog about author Bernardine Kennedy, her books, her writing career and her life. Check out the latest news, views and recommendations along with the occasional irrelevant photo.

Monday, March 12, 2007

Late Blog

THE GREAT NOVEL RACE wordcount. 27,000 (rounded up of course!)


The reason this is so late is because I did write most of it and then forgot to save it. Why? who knows. Non-functioning brain.
I read other blogs and I am constantly trying to figure out if the writers have longer days than me. Is their allocation of hours greater than mine? I don't seem to do any near as much as they do.
Therefore I've decided that, in order for me to function properly I need:
A Personal Assistant
A Personal Trainer
A Personal Motivator
A Personal Shopper
A Housekeeper/Cook

Until I get them all I shall continue with DIY and working in chaotic arrears.

I've had two trips to London this week. At the weekend I went to a Marketing Day for authors run by the Romantic Novelists Association which was brilliant; all about how to help market your book alongside your publisher. (I shall put the links up later)
I don't do any specific promo for the Hardback (May 3rd) but the Paperback in November is going to need some work. Remember. PAST CHANCES.

I'm currently enjoying a bit of a surge on Amazon and all the books have picked up again so I'm pleased with that and I've had more mail through my website now its up-tp-date again. The website is due for a complete revamp which is going to happen soon! Very soon!

The second trip to London was to meet with a friend from Scotland. I met her last year at (ssshhh) a Paul McKenna slimming seminar. (I should have gone to his motivational one instead... I know!) Anyway, Elizabeth and I were both on our own at the seminar and we sat together and clicked as we are both similar. She was staying in London so I met her for lunch and we went for a spin around Harrods.
Then came a dodgy moment when I sort of forgot who I was and very nearly spent one and a half thousand pounds on a handbag. Can you imagine? Fortunately my brains and the mental image of my bank statement returned and I broke out in a cold sweat.
I received a text from Elizabeth on the way home saying 'did you go back for the bag?'. Nearly but no.......... I was pleased to discover I still had some sense of reality tucked away inside me.
Would I recommend the Paul McKenna method? Absolutely but you have to be aware and I was for a while and then sort of slipped! I am thinking about going again.....

I've just finished reading an old Sidney Sheldon book. Gee he was good. I loved his books then and they still hold out now. Nothing deep and meaningful, just straight page-turners. He died this year aged around 89 so the man did good.
I also read my second Jodi Picoult, 'Plain Truth' that was a good story (though I guessed who did it) and a fascinating insight into the Amish.

Next week is my event for the Essex Book Festival... Monday 19th march 2.30 at Tye Green Library, Harlow, Essex if anyone hangs out that way.

Remember WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND (means one day I shall get that handbag as a reward for resisting outrageous temptation)

3 Comments:

  • At 7:42 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    It was good to see you last week.

    I'm sorry you didn't get the handbag then I could have enjoyed it vicariously......I seem to remember you had a rather fabulous one at the Savoy lunch last year....

     
  • At 8:09 AM , Blogger Bernardine Kennedy said...

    Thanks Liz. Traitor-like I'd temporarily forgotten the Savoy bag; that was my gloriously bling Matthew Williamson masterpiece. I do still love it but I can hear another calling me from afar.....

     
  • At 3:25 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    The lunch would be a good excuse to buy another me thinks :-)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home