Bernardine Kennedy

A chatty and newsy blog about author Bernardine Kennedy, her books, her writing career and her life. Check out the latest news, views and recommendations along with the occasional irrelevant photo.

Monday, February 12, 2007

Eyes and Website

Surgery is done and dusted and all is well apart from the huge 'black eye'that covers half of my face and an eyelid of stitches! Sedation was wonderful and I could really use some of that occasionally when lives gets a tad stressful! (anaesthetist said no)

Moorfields Eye Hospital is brilliant at all levels and I think many an NHS executive would benefit from a quick spin round the place.

Why are black eyes called black eyes? Mine is red/purple/orange/yellow. A very attractive look. Not!

And it fascinates me that total strangers feel able say stupid things like 'has the old man been beating you up?' So weird. Even the woman on the checkout at Tesco felt obliged to say 'oooh, that looks painful. Did he do that?' She nodded her head at hb and chuckled in what she thought was a sisterly fashion. Grrrrrrrrrrrr.

As many of you have noticed (oops) my website is still not up to date. It really will be v.soon, I promise! Headline are getting there...
Just as soon as I can focus for longer persiods of time I'll put my news on here as well as the slightly amended cover for PAST CHANCES.

My novel counter remains unchanged... I'll be back into the flow as soon as the stitches are out. (Next friday. Yuk) They don't hurt but I can SEE them which is a bit of a dstraction.

Normal service will be resumed asap

1 Comments:

  • At 6:17 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Happy to hear it all went well. Black eyes are tricky. Took a fall last Christmas outside the Albert Hall and every one does assume you have been bashed not stupidly tripped over your own feet to gface plant!!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home