Bernardine Kennedy

A chatty and newsy blog about author Bernardine Kennedy, her books, her writing career and her life. Check out the latest news, views and recommendations along with the occasional irrelevant photo.

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Normality

bruising gone, stitches out, excuses obsolete! Many thanks for all the good wishes... much appreciated!
Re: my appreciation for Moorfields; it took me a mere three and a half hours to get from home to station to Liverpool Street to Moorfields; see consultant have stitches out and do the return journey. I've spent longer than that in my local hospital which is five minutes away. Its so nice to have an appointment time that's real.

My baby Apple has been sent to the laptop hospital for assessment so I now have to get on with the old one again which seems quite lumpy by comparison. Although I type I'm not a typist (very quick two-fingers) so I find the smaller keyboard faster. Now I'm back with the old Compaq.
Lovely young man at the insurance company computer doctors surgery downloaded the stuff I needed from the sick machine and posted it to me on CD. Such good servce. I LOVE good service especially over and above the expected.

Chav cat who broke the Apple is in double disgrace now, he got into the bedroom today with muddy feet and did the round and round cat thing on the cream quilt cover! What is it about cats and arrogance?
Lately I've been seriously thinking about another Siamese. My late departed Romeo was so vocal.. I really miss the feline conversation and of course the company of a cat that liked me, but I know that Chav-cat would be vile to a kitten! Any hints on how to make it possible would be valued.

I'm trailing in The Great Novel Race in much the same way as I used to trail in school but I shall catch up in the end. No choice if I'm going to meet my deadline! I'm good at the sprint finish though and the book itself (provisionally TWO LIVES)
is coming together very well in my head.... much of my preparation is in my head so I can never prove that I'm really working but trust me, when I'm in a trance I'm working! (or maybe thinking about George Clooney!)

My 'Different Genre' wip which I'm working on for pleasure (and to see if I can), is coming along okay (I think) we'll see how it goes. It may of course never see the light of day but I felt I had to have a go.

Have recently received the large print copy of Old Scores as well as the audio version. V. intersting to see the different interpretation of the covers!

The slightly altered cover of Past Chances is up now (again, thanks to Mandy)... the wording on the cover is to change but apart from that I think we're there. Opinions?
Also my website is up to date so if anyone wants to take a look at the newsletter its at:
www.bernardinekennedy.com.

Till next time xx

3 Comments:

  • At 11:26 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Welcome back to the key board! I am sure you'll whizz past us in the end.

    Is chavcat male or female? If its male then a femal would be a wiser choice for a kitten is you dare risk it. Supposedly its better because they stay top cat. We have great big white fluffy cat who thinks he's entitled to 'plump' (her word not mine!) my 7yr old dd's animals so i would worry about bringing in another cat even though he's had the snip.......i sympathize with the poor bears!

     
  • At 2:36 AM , Blogger Nichola said...

    Hello! Just thought I'd stop by and have a nosey at your blog as I've signed up for the novel race to. I've read a few of your books and look forward to the latest - hurry up and write it!

     
  • At 8:39 PM , Blogger Bernardine Kennedy said...

    Nichola, nice to 'meet' you. I'm working on the next one as we speak. Thanks for your kind comments.

    Liz, chav cat is a 10 year old male and neutured. maybe that explains his anger at the world?

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home