Bernardine Kennedy

A chatty and newsy blog about author Bernardine Kennedy, her books, her writing career and her life. Check out the latest news, views and recommendations along with the occasional irrelevant photo.

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

WORD COUNT AND OTHER STUFF

GREAT NOVEL RACE WORD COUNT. 18,000.

A posting in haste as a mad typing spree has left me with achy wrists! However I now feel as if I'm getting somewhere and the story is starting to roll along. I love that feeling when it starts to take off all by itself.

Sadly I can't say the same about Yahoo which has decided I am a spammer and won't let me post on their groups. It was after a day of no posts going through that I realised that I may have a problem.. not so much a Yahoo problem as an addiction problem.
Not being able to post to my 'friends' sent me crazy. I still can't post on most of them but I'm starting to come down a little; at least I can receive the mails even if they go straight into my own spam box. I can also post privately. Phew.
I did however have trouble trying to post messages onto blogs but that seems to have been resolved.
Weird huh??

My gorgeous little baby Apple laptop that Chav-cat destroyed is being replaced by the insurance company. Bet the story appears in one of those 'things people say to their insurance company' features at some time. 'Cat threw a laptop on the floor'.

Line edits of PAST CHANCES have gone back to whence they came so all is set for the hardback publication date of May 3rd; paperback will be in November and will be in the sightly larger B format.

Anyone who lives that way, come and say hello at Tye Green Library in Harlow on march 19th @ 2.30. I'm giving a talk and having a chat there as part of the Essex Book Fest.

More when my wrists recover. Wish I had learnt typing at school!!

2 Comments:

  • At 9:15 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    18K......you are cruising very nicely indeed. Thanks for the MIKA suggestions. Love it. Bought it!!

     
  • At 6:28 AM , Blogger Zinnia Cyclamen said...

    Greetings from a fellow novel racer. I too love that feeling of momentum as a story takes off. Re your query about introducing a new kitten: I recently researched this fairly thoroughly and did what the consensus seemed to suggest and it worked - although my adult cat is more wimp than bully. The system is: keep kitten(s) confined to one room with door closed for at least a month; when you open the door, cover the doorway with mesh (I used a homemade chickenwire contraption which was a little awkward to open and close but otherwise worked fine - it needs to reach to the top of the doorway or they will climb over it) so that kitten(s) and cat can see each other but have own territories; feed kitten(s) and cat together at the same time with bowls close together on either side of the mesh; after another month or so, begin letting kitten(s) out into the house for short periods; gradually increase the length of time they are out until they are in the house all day but still back in their 'own' room at night; by this time the adult cat and the kitten(s) should be tolerating each other and sharing space amicably. We had some hissing and spitting at first - from cat and one of the kittens (we got two) - but it soon sorted itself out, and now they're all best friends, play together, curl up together to sleep, etc. Good luck!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home