Bernardine Kennedy

A chatty and newsy blog about author Bernardine Kennedy, her books, her writing career and her life. Check out the latest news, views and recommendations along with the occasional irrelevant photo.

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

BOOKS AND SKIFFS

I've finished Kathy Reichs Break No Bones which I enjoyed and romped through to the end and am about to be sensible and re-study Paul McKenna's 'I can make you thin'. I agree the principle and it's a good way of eating, I just need prompting to listen to the CD. Oh for some willpower......

I've now got the finished copies of PAST CHANCES which I'm really pleased with. The cover is so descriptive.
I've also received the Russian imprint of TAKEN with a very unusual cover. see below!




The Skiffing Boys are still making their way up the Thames and apparently enjoying it??
They all had to spend a night on the boat because there was nowhere to pitch the teepee; this was uncomfortable enough (see the size of the skiff and add three big blokes)... but then a Thames Party Disco boat went by and the wake whooshed into their boat. And of course, blokes being blokes, they didn't cuddle up together to keep warm!!
So now it's the teepee for all of them.
Yesterday they met up with the actor Rodney bewes on his cabin cruiser. He had acted in Three Men in a Boat on stage..... oh how I loved The Likely Lads. (he was the nice one)
Now I think they are suffering but they have been so lucky with the weather. Although I didn't realise at the time, 'Edward' as pictured is the skiff they are on.
I have a different choice of boat....


Short and sweet as I'm midflow on WIP.




Saying of the day SAVE WATER; DRINK WINE.

3 Comments:

  • At 8:19 PM , Blogger Zinnia Cyclamen said...

    That is a GREAT saying!

     
  • At 8:34 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Ditto what Zinna says!!!

    The cover is very Russian....very Russian. We lived in Moscow for a year and had portraits done....very Russian

     
  • At 11:23 AM , Blogger Jane Henry said...

    That boy is very Midwich Cuckoo!!

    Glad the Skiffing Boys are having fun messing about in boats...
    best place for em, say I!!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home