Bernardine Kennedy

A chatty and newsy blog about author Bernardine Kennedy, her books, her writing career and her life. Check out the latest news, views and recommendations along with the occasional irrelevant photo.

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

VIRUSES AND NO WRITING

My word-count is still no more than it was (give or take a few hundred during editing) because I've been laid up with the dreaded cough/cold/headache virus thing thats doing the rounds. I thought I'd be safe because I had the flu jab last autumn but not. New bugs every season apparently!
I'm turning into a bit of a wuss because not that long ago I would have worked through it. Now I wallow.

I am desperately in love with the chihuahua puppy, Rambo, that now lives next door. I keep demanding that he is handed over the fence but then they want him back I wonder how Chav Cat would react if I got a miniature dog AND a Siamese? Shall give it some thought...........

Husband and two friends have booked up to go skiffing along the Thames at the end of April. Inspired by 'Three Men In A Boat' they are going to go a rowing..... yeah yeah. What's the name for a pub crawl along the water??
You can't kid a kidder. Iits like me claiming to be working and toddling off to a Writer's Conference to allegedly hone my craft. Not. What's the name for a pub crawl on a Uni campus??
I didn't go to any of the conferences last year so I'm into withdrawal. I'm going to Chichester in June and Leicester in July to top up my levels of soicalising.

Short and sweet today as I'm off to wallow some more and swig some meds because I MUST work tomorrow.

Just had a thought, maybe I feel so ropey because I have a man's virus??

Saying for today..........

When the going gets tough, the tough go shopping.

2 Comments:

  • At 7:24 AM , Blogger Zinnia Cyclamen said...

    If you've caught man flu, you must be feeling REALLY rough. Funny how these scientists are spending so much time researching avian flu, but doing nothing about gender-specific viruses mutating! Hope you feel better soon.

     
  • At 5:08 PM , Blogger Bernardine Kennedy said...

    Yep, definitely the man version and sooooo much worse than anyone else's! (cough cough cough)
    Feeling much better now though and nearly back to normality.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home