Bernardine Kennedy

A chatty and newsy blog about author Bernardine Kennedy, her books, her writing career and her life. Check out the latest news, views and recommendations along with the occasional irrelevant photo.

Sunday, April 08, 2007

HAPPY EASTER

GREAT NOVEL RACE WORDCOUNT...... 39,000

Just passing through to wish you all a Very Happy Easter with much chocolate and little cooking as a result of much chocolate! Those of you with children... I hope they're not too sick.
I have been given a huge bar of Cadbury's Dairy Milk, my absolute favourite. Memo to self.. do not eat it all at once.

My big excitement for Easter Sunday is CLEARING OUT THE GARAGE! Wow. The excitement of it! But it has to be done.
We have started but I've come in for a breather......

Boxes of books, boxes of crockery and kitchen utensils that have been long forgotten. Enough party plates & glasses / cutlery / napkins etc for the forty thousand. Sadly I can never bothered to dig for them when I need them and I go out and buy more and more and more.

Needless to say we've found stuff we'd forgotten about including three old phones, several melted garden candles and several rolls of damp, useless wallpaper. Oh and many many spiders the size of mice. Good job I don't mind them.

As a dedicated hoarder I find it really hard to get rid of things so I have a routine. It goes from the house to the garage and then sits there until I'm brave enough to make the decision to move it on for good. Maybe.
www.freecycle.org is brilliant for me because it takes away the guilt factor.

I have however found my very original Beatles bedspread (candlewick of course) from way back when. No way should that have been in the garage so I sense dark forces at work. (The chuck-it-out fairy).
It was my prized possession at the time.... Beatlemania was 'my' era. We queued up for three days for tickets to see them at the Odeon in Southend, sleeping on the pavement in mid-winter. Aaaaahhhh. Got into trouble of course for skipping school. The nuns at my convent were very street savvy even back then and they KNEW many of the girls would be there so they sent someone down to film the queue with a cine camera.
Worth it though because I can say 'I saw the Beatles live'.

The 'Skiffing Boys' have been to the gym twice now to hone their skills in preparation for rowing the Thames: or rather some of it I suggested they watch the Boat Race yesterday for tips but was told not to be sarcastic. Moi?!

Now I must get back to the garage and it's secrets.

Have a good Easter Sunday and a fun bank holiday tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home