Bernardine Kennedy

A chatty and newsy blog about author Bernardine Kennedy, her books, her writing career and her life. Check out the latest news, views and recommendations along with the occasional irrelevant photo.

Friday, May 11, 2007

Skiffers and stuff

As so many of you are interested in the life and times of the Skiffing Boys I thought I'd start off by letting you know that the Boys are home and well; tanned and knacked. They're pleased with themselves (and rightly so) for rowing 100 miles in a week. They slept 5 nights in the teepee, 1 night on the skiff and 1 night in a rather classy hotel on the riverbank!
Now I guess they'll start planning next years adventure.
These are the conquering heroes. From left to right, Trev, Phil, Ian the husband.




While I'm being clever with photos, here's one of some of us at the Coalhole Pub after the Savoy lunch. What do you call a group of authors??? answers on a postcard please.
Again left to right... Judy Astley, Katie Fforde, Gilli Allen, me, Lesley Cookman, Jenny Harper.




And now the time has come to stop playing around and get back to work. The Great Novel Race has become a bit like any other race on Sports Day at school. (Oh yes I remember, how well I remember!) Initial enthusiasm quickly fades and I lag behind hoping to leave enough time for a sprint finish! We'll see.

Saying of the day: How can money be the root of all evil when shopping is the cure for all sadness??!!

1 Comments:

  • At 9:35 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Great phot :-)

    I'm sure the novel pace will pick up once you have sent me your profile!!!

    Love the saying!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home