Bernardine Kennedy

A chatty and newsy blog about author Bernardine Kennedy, her books, her writing career and her life. Check out the latest news, views and recommendations along with the occasional irrelevant photo.

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Writing and Hols and Age

I've decided that it would be good to commit to this blog regularly rather than often. So from now on I shall try and stick to a couple of times a week, unless I have a strong urge to comment on something irrelevant or the need to avoid other things I should be doing.
BLogging is such fun. It's like a one way conversation with no-one to cut in and tell you stop talking drivel.
I can drivel to my hearts content. And of course you can read it or not read it!

Still trying to arrange a holiday for four diverse adults. This is where we're at.....
I like Florida for doing nothing and for Walmart but daughters don't want to go there. (done it) They fancy Mexico but hb doesn't just for a week. (too far) He fancies Egypt. (we've all done that) or Camping in Devon. (Yeah right)
Guess it'll have to be the shortest flight Caribbean destination and one I can write a feature on later. Or rather add on the list of features on my to do list!
Organisation is sadly not one of my skills.
I am however very skilled at travelling and holidays and still enjoy it pretty much wherever I go.
I was whisked off to Singapore before I was a year old and haven't really stopped zooming off to various place since. I still love the whole experience of travel.
I even enjoy the airport lounges, a fantastic place for character spotting, I like the flights for guilt free reading and then there's the excitement of exploring of a new destination.

But before I can get too carried away on hols I'm still editing/altering PAST CHANCES like crazy. A writers mind is a strange thing that never wants to stay on the right storyline path..... that's why I don't go in for any in-depth plotting beforehand because it doesn't work for me. Suddenly my brain's gone off somewhere with a new and (to my mind) a wonderful plot that simply HAS to be included.
I'm sure if I had an open ended date for submission I'd just keep adding and adding. New plots, new characters etc.
But hey! Now I'm focused, the threads are all together and it'll soon be gone and I can start afresh on the new one.

Have just had a big birthday (memo to friends, do not post which big birthday or you die).
Big birthdays as very thought provoking and depression inducing although after a certain age they seem to become a badge of pride. My mother would never speak of her age until she reached about 75 and from then on it was mentioned and boasted about at every opportunity. Especially in supermarket queues that she wanted to jump.
I not at the boasting stage, I'm at the, if I ignore it it might go away stage..

Anyway, back to the coal-face.

Quote for the day:

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on.

3 Comments:

  • At 12:48 PM , Blogger Lesley Cookman said...

    Glad you've booked your holiday at last. Hope you enjoyed your 30th - oh, whoops, sorry - I shouldn't have mentioned it.

    Will get round to linking your blog to mine eventually, when I'm feeling stronger.
    Lx

     
  • At 10:55 PM , Blogger Kate Allan said...

    Happy birthday! Ditto, will link to your blog when I get around to re-doing my links. I love your hunour. :)

     
  • At 10:55 PM , Blogger Kate Allan said...

    humour, humour, humour... I can spell on good days...

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home