Books and Cars and Tags
TWO LIVES (provisional title of WIP) has now started to pick up pace and I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. It's still far far away but I can see it. Unless of course its an oncoming train??? NO.... I jest.
I went to London last thursday for lunch with my Editor (Hi Clare) so negativity is OUT and positivity is in. I have been motivated.......
And on that theme thanks for the prompting to focus. I have now done that and so far so good so will do one of the tags today. At the end!
Trust me, I am just so focused!
I'm delighted to see that Kent Police are utilising the brilliant SMART car in their fleet. I am the proud owner of a black and silver SMART, I've had it for 5 years and I adore it. Its neat, nippy and economical and friendly; SMART drivers wave to each other!! Aaaahhhh. Now I want a new one, I fancy the metallic green cabriolet this time. Well, no, actually I'm lying, I want the v.v. pretty pink and silver girly cabriolet but as Ian also drives it I don't think I can be that mean. Can I??? Just picture the skiffing boys off to the pub; two in the front, one in the boot of a pale pink SMART....
Have given up reading books for the moment as they are sooooo distracting and I am secretly reading celeb mags. Just flick the pages, mutter 'she's too thin... she's too fat... Ohmigod, he/she's a cokehead' at regular intervals. Easy, easy reading and very good for schadenfreud. 'See? all that money and still she's not happy......' When no-one is looking I even buy the National Enquirer. (one has to put it face dwon in the supermarket trolley)
I haven't however stopped buying books and next is the 'Skinny Bitch' diet book. I haven't been called skinny since I was four years old and then a 'build the child up' diet of 'Virol' courtesy of my mother soon put paid to that! I reckon that I've probably lost around 20 stone in my lifetime with the on / off method of yo-yo dieting that I started at around 16! All I want now is to lose four stone by the weekend after next when I head off to the Southern Writers Conference near Chichester.
Any tips anyone??
Okay.... TAG no 1.The rules..... (that I am only loosely adhering to as time is at a premium)
1. Each player starts with 8 random facts/habits about themselves.2. People who are tagged, write a blog post about their own 8 random things, and post these rules.3. At the end of your post you need to tag 8 people and include their names.4. Don’t forget to leave them a comment and tell them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
So here are my eight random things...
1) I am completely neurotic about leaves dropping off of my huge 'Money Plant'. I love house plants but seem to be talented at killing them. I really shouldn't own them.
2) I am a vegetarian but not a 'preacher for the cause.
3) I used to have a Vespa scooter and a Ford Popular car.... oh that I had kept and preserved them both for posterity! My mother sold the scooter because I rode too fast and fell off and then I blew up the Ford Pop doing 80 on the M1. (they weren't built for that)
4) I once worked for a fraudulent Football Pools company in Nigeria. I didn't know it was fraudulent and that the owner was using the premiums as his personal income. Fortunately he was uncovered after I had left!
5) I am a fully qualified Swimming Instructor but nowadays I never go swimming! I keep looking for a pool that has a submarine-style entry hatch. Changing room to pool without having to walk the very public walk in front of spectators!
6) I love holidaying in Florida. However, on different occasions, we have been caught up in a hurricane, a heatwave (temps in 100's) and raging bush fires that even sent smoke into our hotel room. I also ended up having surgery on my foot after being stung by a stingray!
7) I've flown on every Boeing aircraft from the 707 to the 777, apart from a 717. (don't know what happened to that!)
8) I am a list fanatic. I write lists for everything. I rarely do what's on them but I have to have them to feel content. I only need the list, I don't need to do what is on it!
I'm not going to tag 8 people right now as there is a lot of tagging going on and everyone I know with a blog has been tagged already I reckon. I will later......
Till next time xx